Thursday, June 7, 2012

Welcome Baby Sawyer!

The day started out like any other Thursday, NST and a doctor's appointment.  Dad came over to watch Wyatt and Owen and as I was leaving Dad jokingly said, "Make sure you come home!"
During my NST I had a few contractions and when I got upstairs Sherry told me that I was 3 1/2 cm dilated and that I was going to have the baby today!  It was about 10:30 and she said that I was going to have the baby by noon time!  WHAT?!?  I wasn't ready, I had to call Jeff, Dad, Mom.. I didn't have my bag, didn't have a camera!  I called Jeff from the appointment room and said, "Are you ready to have a baby today?"  At first he thought I was joking because I have called him more than once over the past few weeks and told him that I was in labor, but this call was go time!
I then called Dad and Mom and went downstairs to labor and delivery.  I was quite nervous because I didn't have a camera and my phone needed to be charged.  The excellent nurses got me a charger while I was changing and getting prepared for surgery.  I was ready to meet our new baby, but I wanted Jeff to be there with me.  Time went by quickly and before I knew it, Jeff was with me and it was time to have a baby.
This surgery was quite different, I wasn't in painful labor, I walked into the operating room, got my spinal, laid down and had a baby within a few minutes.

Sawyer Jeffrey was born at 12:33 pm.  7 pounds 21 inches long.  We were so happy that he was here healthy and a big boy!
Sawyer was perfect!  He cried for a mere 5 minutes.  He looks like the perfect combination of his big brothers!  
This experience was great!  Having a healthy full term baby is such a joy.  No worrying about breathing issues, tubes, heat, IVs!  He was looked over after the pediatrician and given to us and stayed with us until we went home!
Here are pictures of his first bath!  We are so in love!






Happy Birthday to our baby boy!  We love you!

No comments: